Meredith [Charles] House
Virtual McGill

Exterior from Pine Avenue

The Charles Meredith House, built in 1907 by the well-known Canadian architects Edward and William Maxwell, is located on Pine Avenue just west of the Lady Meredith House which belonged to Charles' sister. This Georgian style Square Mile residence was occupied by Mr. Meredith and his family until 1937, at which point it became a nurses' residence for the Royal Victoria Hospital, one block to the east. In 1975, the house was donated to McGill and became the home of the Department of Occupational Health (Faculty of Medicine) and is now part of the Joint Departments of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health.

Back to Main Menu
Browse nearby buildings
Built 1907
Architects - Edward and William Maxwell
Donor - Royal Victoria Hospital
Current use - Department of Occupational Health

View from Pine Avenue

Drawing room
converted to office