Martlet House (formerly Hallward House)
Virtual McGill

Martlet House -- McGill Archives

The Martlet House, home of the Department of Development and Alumni Relations and McGill Graduates' Society, was once located on University Street, but, in 1971, it moved to Mountain Street. This new address was originally built in 1925 by Robert Findlay for Alice Hallward. The stone house features high pitched roofs on the exterior and elegant wood details on the interior. When the Graduates' Society began its occupancy, the interior was renovated to some degree, but many of the finely crafted details were left untouched.

Back to Main Menu
Browse nearby buildings
Built 1925
Architect - Robert Findlay
Donor - none
Current use - Development and Alumni Relations, Graduates' Society

Old Martlet House
-- McGill Archives